2. What information we collect
Our Service allows you to trigger alerts in case of emergency; and to store, access, and edit your personal information online, and share it with your designated emergency contact persons. In addition, you can store and edit personal information of other dependent members such as your family that you administer via your account. We may collect several types of information from and about our Users, including the following:
- When registering an account for our Service, the only mandatory information we collect from you is your date of birth to verify that you are older than sixteen (16) years old, your email address to uniquely identify you, and an account password to authenticate and protect your account access;
- When setting up your basic account profile, we request additional personal information considered necessary to provide our Service to you, including your last and first name, cellular number, account default language, nationality, and gender;
- You may input additional personal information into your account, including emergency contact person information, insurance and medical records etc. This information disclosure is optional, and where available, is used by us to provide a comprehensive Service to you;
- Billing and payment information may be collected when subscribing to our Premium Account. No payment details such as credit / debit card numbers are stored by us, but they may be stored by Stripe, our third-party payment vendor, and used to auto-renew your expiring subscription;
- Your device identifier may be collected when you set up your panic button on our App. This is required to uniquely identify your panic button with your device;
- Your cellular number may be may be collected when you set up your panic button. This is a key feature of our Service and is used to notify your emergency contact persons with your contact number;
- Your cellular number may be may be collected when you trigger an emergency alert on behalf of another User. This is a key feature of our Service and is used to notify the User’s emergency contact persons with your contact number. In this case, we do not store or use your number for any other purpose;
- Your location data may be collected when you trigger an emergency alert on our Service. This is a key feature of our Service and is used to notify the relevant emergency contact persons of your location. In this case, we do not store or use your location for any other purpose;
- Analytical Service usage information may be collected via Google Analytics, Firebase Crashlytics, or other statistics services. This data may include our Service pages that you view and other similar information about your behaviour on our Service, and may be used to improve our future Service to you;
- Our App uses third party services in its normal operation. These include One Signal and Jiguang SDK to deliver our App push notifications to you following an alert. Each of these third-party services may also collect certain information about you.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (e.g. when you create an account, edit a profile, set up a panic button, trigger an alert, make a payment, or contact us for any reason);
- Automatically as you navigate through our Service. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
3. How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you, or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide the services you requested;
- To notify you about changes to our Service or any services we offer or provide through it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To send you Service update information, general information and / or marketing materials on an opt out basis;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
4. Disclosure of your information
By default, you are the custodian of any information records that you create. We may disclose your information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it, e.g. to facilitate emergency rescue;
- To a rescue angel when they trigger an emergency alert on your behalf, but only your name and the name and telephone number your emergency contact persons;
- To a User’s emergency contact persons when you trigger an alert on their behalf, but only your contact telephone number;
- To the emergency contact persons designated by you who can view and share your personal information that you have given them access to in an emergency, but only after an alert is triggered by or for you, and for 48 hours thereafter. Your emergency contact persons can share your information by various methods such as verbally, by email, by print, or by PDF attachment. We do record a log of your emergency contact person's access of your information. However, once your emergency contact person has shared this information, there is no control over it anymore – therefore, please exercise caution;
- To the guardians designated by you, but we will not allow them to access your information records unless they provide proof of your incapacitation;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties that we use in the normal course of developing, maintaining, or supporting our Service;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our Service's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Users is among the assets transferred;
- We may disclose aggregated information about our Users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction;
- We may share personal information that does not identify any individual with researchers and marketers on an anonymous basis. We may then contact you to relay their promotional materials that might interest you. However, no personal details that could identify you will be shared;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Service, our customers, or others
Cookies store small amounts of data on your device when you use our Service. Cookies do not contain any personal information about you, so they cannot be used to identify you personally. However, cookies assist us in tracking which of our Service features you like best. Therefore, cookies enable us to customize our content according to your preferences. You may decline cookies by editing your browser’s settings. Note that, if you disable cookies, some advanced and customized features might not be available to you.
6. Data security
Personal information you provide to us is stored on a password protected server accessible only by administrator rights. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption and adhere to generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service because any transmission of information over the Internet has its inherent risks. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Service. You are responsible for keeping your login credentials, if any, confidential.
7. Managing your account
Your account may contain your personal information, as well as personal information of other dependent members such as your family. You are solely responsible for the entering, editing, or sharing of this personal information online. You may delete your account and any deleted information is permanently deleted from our servers, and not stored by us. Please refer to our FAQ page if you have any questions about our Service and our privacy practices.